Last week saw Part One of our Interview with Connor from Kingsland Road! (If you haven’t read it check it out >>> here)
Part Two has even more laughs, what the boys would be doing if they weren’t in a band, Cats and the best of YOUR fan questions.
Once again, check it out and let us know what you think.
– Brumotions: You will soon be heading on a US Tour what are you most looking forward to out there?
Connor: Just going to America, I’m excited to get on a plane, leave and get to the US. Like there’s big burgers there which is cool, going to a couple of theme parks which is going to be awesome oh and I’m hoping I’ll get to go and watch an American football match… but I doubt I will.
– Brumotions: We will be really jealous if you do.
Connor: I know I want to go and watch, but I highly doubt that will happen. We are just really excited to get to a different country. We’ve done gigs in different countries before but not in America, we’ve had some American fans from right at the start so they have been waiting for a couple of years for us to go out there, so it will be really nice for us to see them and see how they feel about our music and see if we can gain some new fans whilst we are out there.
– Brumotions: Have you ever had any interesting fan experiences?
Connor: Uhm yes, let me try and think… we’ve had bra’s and different things thrown on stage, things I can’t say. We get given some decent presents too and some funny ones, someone got me a mirror with Leonardo DiCaprio’s face on it and someone got Josh a ken doll but with his face on it and people have waited in our flat to give us pictures and stuff, yeah they have managed to get their way into our flat and things like that.
– Brumotions: We aren’t quite sure if that’s cute or a little scary.
Connor: It was a little scary actually. It’s really hard to remember things that have happened, funny things always happen to us but we forget when we need to tell them.
– Brumotions: If you weren’t in Kingsland Road what would you be doing?
Connor: I always wanted to be in the Marines when I was a kid, so that’s probably what I’d be doing right now, I think Matt…Well Matt was a builder so he’d probably still be laying bricks and stuff. Josh, this is actually what josh would want to be doing, he’d probably be like, I dunno, a lifeguard, let’s just say a lifeguard and Thompson would work in a kennels…cause he likes dogs.
– Brumotions: Is that just a guess or have they actually told you this?
Connor: Nahhh that’s what they’ve told me.
– Brumotions: Alright then, we believe you.
Connor: Yeah you’ve got to believe me.
– Brumotions: Are there any advice or motto’s that you live by?
Connor: I’ve got cool sayings which I’ve heard people say that I like, but nothing that I kind of live by there’s things that as a band we tell people if they ask us – just not to give up and things like that and if someone tells you that you can’t do it, prove them wrong kind of thing, that’s probably the nicest thing being told you can’t do something and proving them wrong and being successful kind of knowing yourself and having the faith in yourself to do it and you do and that’s really nice a good feeling… Josh is the man for this, josh has like this app on his phone and everyday he reads us out like this little quote, it’s like quote of the day, he’s very sad like that and likes that kind of thing. It’s like horoscopes but it’s like a saying from like a president in the 60’s or something.
– Brumotions: So we have a couple of questions from your Klanders.
Connor: Go on then, hit me.
– Brumotions: @Elliee_Rixton wants to know who you would love to do a collaboration with?
Connor: I’m really obsessed with a couple of bands at the minute, Royal Blood and Catfish and the Bottlemen they would be sick to collaborate with, Adam Levine would be quite cool… Thompson would say Bruno Mars cause he’s obsessed with him …I think collaborating with Eminem would be cool as well, like a rapper or Tinie Tempah that would be cool.
– Brumotions: @MollieFinch1234 wants to know if you could date any one of the lads in Kingsland, who would it be and why … you can pick yourself we won’t judge.
Connor: Uhmmmm me, I dunno yeah, probably me, that’s a bit biased though isn’t it.
– Brumotions: Why would you date yourself?
Connor: The other lads annoy me sometimes and I don’t annoy myself, so I feel like that’s my best bet really, I’d never argue with myself, but I would argue with the other boys. So I’m going to say I’d date myself.
– Brumotions: Would you not find it boring being exactly the same?
Connor: But I suppose that’s what’s good, you have to be similar to be compatible with someone, we’d be the perfect couple we’d get married.
– Brumotions: @JoshZareIsMyMan asked if you could be any other celebrity for the day who would you be and why?
Connor: Someone interesting who’d have a really interesting day, I’d want to be somebody like Cristiano Ronaldo because that would be cool to see how good he is at football, like actually how good he is.
– Brumotions: We wonder whether that would change his talent if it was you that was playing football.
Connor: Nah I’d be better … no I wouldn’t really, that’s why I’d want to be him to see how amazing he actually is … and he’s very very very rich so that would be cool to see his house and stuff.
– Brumotions: @BethRitchiexxx wants to know what are you looking forward to most on tour.
Connor: Singing our new songs that’s going to be amazing and our London tour date for reasons I can’t say that will be really cool and to see all of our fans.
– Brumotions: @mattcahilltho_ wants to know if you were a superhero, what power would you have and what would your name be?
Connor: I’d be amazing at cleaning up and I’d be called Consuela, which is a little family guy joke if you get it… I’d usually say something like healing the wounded but then the lads would laugh at me for being really cringy so I’ve had to change my answer recently.
– Brumotions: And the last question from the Brumoters is, if you could be any animal what would you be and why.
Connor: Uhm a penguin cause they are really cool and they can swim in the ice water without getting cold and they are really cute as well, either that or a dog, I wouldn’t want to be a cat cause they are mean, I don’t like cats.
– Brumotions: But you could just change the way of cats… you could be a nice cat.
Connor: I don’t think they exist.
– Brumotions: You could be the first one…
Connor: I could be… no, cats are different you can’t breed like a nice cat, i’d have to breed with another nice cat and me being the only nice cat wouldn’t create a nice cat if you know what I mean.
– Brumotions: It sounds like you’ve put a lot of thought into that actually.
Connor: I have, its true though isn’t it, if I was the first nice cat, I couldn’t then breed with a horrible cat because it would be like, it wouldn’t be horrible or it wouldn’t be nice, it would be an average.
– Brumotions: Yeah make an average cat.
Connor: Yeah an average cat, who’d want an average cat that would be boring.
– Brumotions: Before we finish, if you have any last words for the fans that would be awesome.
Connor: Come and watch our tour, buy our album, let’s get in the charts cause I said that if we do I’ll run down my street naked… there we go last words.
So there you have it!
You guys heard Connor – If ‘We Are The Young’ charts he’ll run down his street NAKED! (You can purchase the album from online retailers including: Google Play, ITunes and Amazon, as well as your local HMV store)